Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New month of swim lessons

Joseph did awesome at swim today. Took to floating on his back like a champ. And he managed to keep up with the kids that are a level ahead of him. Worked on standing up to jump of the board rather than squatting down to jump off.
Noah is doing well with the two little girls and even managed to do some stroke work in the little pool. I think that being with the girls will help him to stay more on task. Looking forward to him being able to jump into the deep end and swim to the ladder.
Elijah went in to class without me. He was the only one willing to do it!! He took Clark's hand and was a total trooper. Makes me a bit sad to see him go off without me but also makes me feel good to know that he is that secure in himself.
Two more weeks and Joseph starts Kindergarten. I'm not sure how that is happening. I swear it just seems like the other day that he started preschool. He's ready though, even if I'm not. He doesn't seem at all hesitant about starting the new school. Every time we drive by the boys both point out that their new school is just up there on the hill. I know I've still got my own trepidation but that is more in my head than anything. I'm just nervous about whether or not we've made the best decision for them. I know in the end this is a much better school for all the boys. They are a mind/body/spirit school. The other school was making them into little elitist. What good is that going to do them in the long run. My only real gripe with any of these school's is the real lack of foreign language. Why is everyone thinks Spanish the answer. In most cases they are teaching Mexican not Spanish and sadly the last time I checked that country is no hot bed of industrial leadership. Sure we share a boarder but then again we share a border with Canada but we aren't teaching French to all the kids either. Got to figure out a way to efficiently supplement this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment