Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Dr. Rosen: Elijah
Went to visit your ENT yesterday. He is recommending three months of speech therapy and then if they cannot make any progress with you they are going to move towards surgery. You've already had your tongune clipped once but this time they will put you under and more agressively cut the bottom to lengthen the are. I've been afraid of this for some time. When you talk there are just certain sounds you are unable to make and I don't think that speech therapy is going to help with this. It is a physical problem not a linguistic issue. I think the surgery will also help you to stop holding your tongue in the curled position. But we will have to wait until we do the speech evaluation and we see Dr. Rosen again in December. Dad and I are thinking you'll end up having the surgery sometime before Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment