Monday, July 27, 2009

The First Day

I don't really intend to even tell anyone that I am doing this. Yeah I know so why do it?? Because I don't keep good records of what milestones my wonderful family is constantly attaining and I am HOPING that this might encourage me to track them.
**Just got whacked in the head by the flying Buzz we bought at Disneyland. I hate those things and will be glad when they all break. Thanks Elijah**

Getting ready for this trip to Vegas for Defcon17 is really taking a lot more work and effort than I had hoped for. I'm apprehensive about leaving the kids. Joseph is staying with Mimi and Pa, and Eli & Noah are staying here at the house with Elisha. This is the first time we've been more than an hour or so away from the boys. I don't mind leaving them overnight somewhere but this is for 3.5 days. I'm being a freak, but I think I'm allowed. I've made David make out a will because even if it isn't legally binding at least it has our wishes down on paper. Let me repeat I'm a freak.
Today the boys haven't accomplished much of anything. Although Elijah now runs over and opens up his diaper drawer to help out when it's time to change him. That is nice but using the potty would be even nicer. He has tried a few times but with little success. I am thinking he enjoys flushing the potty and having us pour water on his penis more than he enjoys the actual act of going potty.
His words are still somewhat difficult to understand but Dr. Rosen said to give him another few months. We worry a lot about his tongue and the front position he holds it in but at least his words are clearing up. He's even begun saying 'sorry' just in the last day.

Joseph turned 5 on the 21st and we took them all camping for his birthday. What a bunch of morons we were!! I mean really camping with three kids, one of whom got sick while we were out there, is likely one of the more stupid things we could do. We spent most of the trip saying stop, no, come here, because no one wanted to listen. The poor neighbors knew our kids names because we kept yelling at them. If this doesn't sound like a reason not to take three small kids camping I don't know what does. Did I mention that we blew over $600 on this magnificent trip. Joseph did learn some great skills though, like how to draw a line around the campfire and then yell at people to stay behind the line. Oh and how to burn up marshmallows over the campfire. Yeah can't wait to do it all over again.
Noah is most notably overcoming being sick. He's been very clingy since getting sick and has been taking out his emotions on his brothers when he can't get enough time with me. If I spend anytime with Joseph or Elijah he's getting so upset . He spends a lot of time telling Elijah that he doesn't want him. I've tried to explain that he is going to get bigger and start being mean to him too but so far that line of reasoning has made little impact on him. I just hopes he starts getting back to himself soon. He's usually got a much better attitude but this sickness has really taken it out of him.

Dinner........................... I freaking hate making dinner! Most nights I feel like a crappy mother because I am so un-inventive. Tonight is warmed up Mexican soup with sliced tomato and whatever else I can find to put on their plates. Being a stay at home mother can really drive you crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment