Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Joseph getting so big.......

I wish I were more poetic or just better with my words. Today you were really made me see what a grown up little boy you are becoming, Joseph. You stood at the sink and washed your drink cup, lid and all and the informed me you were making yourself chocolate milk. You already had the milk and chocolate out ready to go. It made me smile, not just a simple smile, but one that came from way down deep and just took me by surprise. I was proud that you were washing your cup and making your own drink but more over I was proud of how responsible you were being. I forget sometimes and expect you to always be this way but the truth is you are only 5 and have so much more to learn and experience. Sometimes I wish I had more time to give to you, time to focus on just you. But I've got to move between three of you and that just isn't going to change. But it does make those times when it is just you and me that much more special. I try so hard to focus on just you, and everything you are saying and doing. Like when we took you to see Deva Premal at the Cathedral in San Francisco up on Nob Hill. It was amazing being with you and your Dad out in the city. We took you to a great Italian Restaurant down in the Russian Hill District and you were spectacular! Then we made you walk most of the way up to Nob Hill and then we grabbed a taxi for the last few blocks. Lately in the mornings you've been coming and getting in bed with Dad and I. It is so sweet the way you lay there cuddled up with me and rub my arm. I think it makes you feel closer to me and I adore that. I don't think I'll be ever to feel close enough to you. You are your own person and that will only continue to develop as you get older but I know you and I will always have these special memories and I look forward to making more of them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment